Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Memories of Christmas(es) Past




So, hopefully you know about Tristan over at Blah Blah Blahg She is the ROCK STAR of design, style, class, comedy, blogging, marketing and photography (oh, and tutorial-ist extraordinaire)! If not, you must go visit! Her post brought back some of my childhood memories. Well, one thing leads to another with me (hello, I have ADD)!

After I commented on her blog about her post, I thought that my little story might be a good subject for me to post about. Funny, because today I also bought a Christmas game (which my adult children will no doubt LOVE), which asks questions to bring back memories and get people talking. (More about that "game" later... don't rush out and buy it until you check my post tomorrow because it may be WAY overpriced in my opinion).

Anyway, without spoiling Tristan's story from today's post, I'll tell you that it brought back memories for me. As a child (probably just a few years ago, I know she is young)... she wanted a blue typewriter for Christmas. "What a coincidence" said I, as I had asked Santa for a typewriter one year.

Well, Santa brought me one, and my parents LAUGHED at the first story I typed on that little thing, (which was actually quite tragic and dramatic)... the story I mean, oh maybe I mean the whole situation. Nevermind, I digress. (or regress). The only thing better than THAT would have been getting a pink typewriter I had asked for the previous Christmas. That year, I got "go go" boots instead!

The go-go boots... another tragic story. Aren't you glad you don't have to listen to that one!? Hmmm, well you just might, tune in tomorrow for that exciting tale! (Photo of go go boots courtesy of Retro Housewife).

What toy do you remember wanting most? What did you end up getting?



post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2 cents worth: