Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Disclaimer: un-cheerful post forthcoming...


I always prefer to keep my blog on the light side and a little humorous, you know spread some joy! But if I always stick to that, it wouldn't be "real," know what I mean?

Did you have one of these clowns growing up? You punch him and he goes down, but then pops right back up? I feel like that's me this week. I feel just a little beat up. It's sad when you have expectations of people you care about and they let you down. It's a bummer when those disappointments happen all at once.

You know by next week I'll be back to my old self with my sense of humor intact and committing more silliness than usual! I have this "idiosyncrasy" where I find Christmas "miracles" wherever I turn. (My girls at work got a dose of this from me even before Thanksgiving! "Oh my gosh, this happened to you, I know it IS a Christmas miracle")! Yes, some days they do want to trip me as I pass by them saying "Hi kids, how are you? I've missed you, I'm so happy to see you! You have to hear this funny story..." (Um, we work in a very sad, usually un-happy, and stressful place and I now work only half-time). So by the time I arrive on the scene their week is 1/2 over and they're praying either for Friday or a margarita on the rocks... salt and lime, please).
Anway, I digress... Ok, to help me heal my disappointment in people this week I have found this quote:
"The key is to get to know people and trust them to be who they are. Instead we trust people to be who we want them to be- and when they’re not, we cry." - David Duchovny

Geez, I know he's cute and everything, a pretty good actor too, but who knew he was sooooo very wise?

post signature