Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Little Thrifty Love


I REALLY adore (I mean a-d-o-r-e) pink and green depression glass. I have loved it forever, but I don't have much. I have a tiny collection of it. I like the yellow too, but not as much. Couldn't really say I have a collection of it (well until now, that is)...

You know what I REALLY (seriously) adore but can never find? Jadeite green dishes! I may find a piece or 2 here or there, but never a little set, (and never a piece for under a million $$). So I'm here to admit that I have lowered my Jadeite standards a bit (ok a lot)... I would even be thrilled to have the newer fake kind! I hate to come out of the vintage closet to disclose that a fake will do, but in this case, it would. Only in the Jadeite circumstance though, none other. I'm no "repro Queen" you know!

Anyway... I digress (of course)... the yellow depression glass in the photos? Can you see the price tags on the plates? If not, click on the photo to get a closer look! "Are those the REAL prices" you may ask? Why no, because it was 50% off day!! Not kidding! Hurray, I love it when I score a "find" like this!

1 comment:

  1. I love amber and jadeite. I do have a set of cups and saucers and a sugar and creamer in jadeite but I can never find more at a price I'm willing to pay. I love amber as well. Much easier to find but those plates are beautiful and nothing beats half off. I love those sales!Pam

    ReplyDelete

My 2 cents worth: