Friday, May 8, 2009

Can you believe this place is around the corner?

We've only lived here for 7 years. We moved from Denver. You think I'd get used to all of the gorgeous things that grow around here. The soil is so fertile, and the weather so perfect. This is a nursery down the road. The pics don't do it justice. It goes on for acres and acres. Yes, if you look at the sign on the flowers below (Impatiens) it really does say 95 cents for a 4 inch plant. The azalea bushes were $2.95. Not kidding. This area has nurseries that grow for stores nationwide. I'm always amazed. Of course I miss Denver a bit (I miss my son terribly and of course my little bro). But seriously, it's Heaven on earth up here!

Huge pots of hanging fushia for $14.
Mixed and planted pots are a bit more, but a huge hanging basket of trailing petunias is only $18.
A lot of things are under $1.00.


And many more under $3. I don't know any of the people who wandered through my photos. Don't they know I have blog pics to take and share with very important people?? You! Geez.
Amazing, huh?
Love,
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and they have the best quality also. I make my yearly trip since my work is only a short distance away. There hanging basket are the greatest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How amazing! Yes I see pics. in magazines of that part of the country and just drool over how beautifully things grow. Here, everything is dead by late summer from the horrible heat. And that's if you water every day! NOT a very pretty part of the country. But it is home, and you are correct. I would miss my family so much if we were any place else. Thank you for the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it almost makes me lol because i live in south texas and it's so hard to get anything to grow beautifully unless you have a yard man and sprinkler system! LOL
    you have got such beautiful plants and i am in awe over the prices! WOW

    thanks for sharing! jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome flowers! Is the nursery open to the public?

    ReplyDelete

My 2 cents worth: