Thursday, December 3, 2009

In Memory of Jason Douglas Geary: December 4, 1978 - June 17, 2007




I wish this photo were bigger.  Such a handsome guy you were.  I talked to your Mom a long time on the phone today.  We cried and laughed together, and she misses you.  She's glad you're not in pain anymore though.  After, I prayed and lit a candle for you (I haven't lit a candle for someone in decades, I didn't even realize I was doing it at first).  It felt good. Tomorrow is your birthday.  Nobody will forget. My heart goes out to all of your family and friends.  God bless your soul and your Mama's on your birthday.

Love,
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hello
    Thanks for stopping by...hope you have been well. This post is filled with love and my thoughts go out to you.
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, thank you for your beautiful words and for letting me pour my heart out to you yesterday. Your tribute to J really touched my heart. He was a wonderful son and such an amazingly strong young man. He went through more than anyone can even imagine. Thank you for honoring his life. Wish you were here to have a beer with us tonight! I love you.

    Deb
    p.s. I can't figure out how to leave a comment with my name, my memory is gone. I guess I'll just be anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tribute to a friends son. This time of year always brings up memories and tears for me, as I miss my own family that have left me. Every ornament on my tree reminds my of my Mother, Father, Grandparent. Thanks for sharing. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

My 2 cents worth: