Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No Nuts, Hazel!


My latest journal page.  I started it a few days ago, and I'm not quite sure I'm finished yet but here it is for now.  When I found the vintage flash cards that had "n" words on it and saw that it said "no" and "nut" I had to add an "s"  and use it.  At the time I thought it was hysterically funny.  (You know... nuts as in nutty and Hazel as in a female name and in hazelnuts...  the Willamette Valley here IS the hazelnut (aka filbert) capitol of the universe after all)... as I worked on it a little more off and on over about 2 days, it kind of presented itself to me in a new way... i.e. "nutty ideas."  That brought me to the place where I decided to finally tell you what is going on in my life right now, which is the reason I haven't been blogging much lately.  Next time, next post. 

OH, and important information!!  I took a collage class a few years ago in Ashland, Oregon from the amazing Anahata Katkin.  That was a transforming experience.  AND, some of the elements in this journal page are from Anahata's spiral book of "Spare Parts" which were then available from her for purchase.  I loved and bought two different "parts" books from her that weekend, and they are meant to be cut up and collaged. Until recently, I didn't have the heart to cut them up.

You know how the saying goes though... it tells us to use what we love and not to save it for "good" (because we should have joy daily, and besides, more wonderful things come to us that way)... I'm loving using the "pieces" now.  If you can ever take a class from Anahata, do it!  She has the COOLEST items for sale now, including gorgeous necklaces, totebags, cards, water bottles, and a million other things you'll love!  All of her other wonderful products can be found here.  If you know her, you love her and if you don't you're going to DIE from the beauty and inspiration!  Oh my!  I just noticed today that her blog today features some of her Journal pages, and they are AWESOME!  AND, she is having some great GIVEAWAYS with purchase on her blog right now too! Love you, Anahata!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hi There...I love your new work!! How are you doing??? shoulder doing better??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this page even more than the first! Rushing off to click your links:)

    ReplyDelete

My 2 cents worth: