Friday, March 26, 2010

Julie Haymaker's Class at the Home of Terri Brush Part 2


So just look at the gorgeous present that was at my place at Terri's dinner party the night before the Julie Haymaker class! Isn't it gorgeous?? We -each- got one, and none of them were the same! They were specially made by Terri specifically for us, and they were in beautiful tulle bags set next to our lovely rhinestone embellished place cards. So thoughtful, generous and beautiful! (That's Terri). If you ever get a chance to take a class, she is a wonderful instructor and teaches at her studios in her home and also throughout the country.

Oh, and below is the piece I made in Julie Haymaker's Saturday class called "Enchanted." I love the way Julie teaches. She includes the same pattern in each packet with assorted colored papers and bits. She teaches exactly this piece so that we learn each step and nuance, and then we can take the techniques away with us and make our own pieces, utilizing our favorite materials and ideas. Loved it!


post signature

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful table setting. I wish i were there soaking in all the teachings and talent!


    shell

    gypsylemonade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I LOVE what you made- I adore using recycled book pages and then the figure in the middle with all that texture- FABULOUS! I'm glad you had so much fun; you deserve it!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are so lucky, some day I will have to take a class. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun piece of work! It's larger than I pictured but will look great on the wall. I'll bet you learned some interesting techniques. A memorable birthday gift, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty amazing piece. Please stop by my blog and look at the post labeled Book Guild Chapter 1. I think it will make you smile!

    ReplyDelete

My 2 cents worth: