Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Saying Goodbye

The funeral for Alex Frassenei was today, and the memorial at the high school was last night. What an incredibly sad 2 days this has been. After all the disbelief, I guess it must be faced. If we as Bob and Gail's friends feel that way, how must they and the rest of the family feel? I must tell you that both services were very touching and handled with the utmost of class and dignity by the family. Gail was comforting everyone else, and had no thought for herself. The composure they are able to keep up is amazing. One of the things that really bothered us as friends was that the piece in the newspaper:
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200771122004

Notice the word "man". I know TECHNICALLY he was an adult, the newspaper was doing what they must, but it stung like a slap in the face. MAN? He has only been 18 for 2months, and he really IS a boy. I was happy to hear by talking to other friends that they were stopped in their tracks by that word too. I guess Alex would like it though come to think of it. This is his song:

Hold your kids tight. Love to you all

www.spiritinthesky.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila,
    Thank you a million times for all you did last night at my open house. You showed up in the nick of time, my head was just about ready to go spinning off. Kinda slow today and tomorrow it is suppose to snow??? But compared to the rest of the week I must honestly say, "who really cares?" Certainly puts it all in perspective ...
    Love you lots and lots
    JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila,

    It was so nice to meet you at Joy's. You are right, we are kindred spirits. Blogging has really showed me just home many of us are out there. I am so much more motivated to create now that I know so many wonderful people who will appreciate my efforts. Best wishes for a wonderful week,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

My 2 cents worth: