Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Fun Day!


*Disclaimer: No, this is not a photo of me!

I had a great time yesterday. I drove to one of my favorite antiquing towns about an hour away from here to go junking. My favorite thing to do!! Hurray! I haven't been able to do this forever, and as it turns out I went alone, so I had no schedule but my own. What freedom! The first place I went, I spent 74 cents! I got a cool vintage paper tablet for writing music. The cashier was mad she didn't find it first!

The next place I went is cool, they think it is an "antique" store, but it really is a junk store. I'm not saying it to be mean, it just enhances the charm. Okay, admit it, some junk is charming. I'll show you my loot tomorrow.

Meanwhile here is an awesome vintage photo of a Russian Dancer! Isn't it a hoot? I'd LOVE to own this photo, but alas it belongs to someone else. It is from the Graphics Fairy! She gives away free graphics and photos everyday on her blog. How sweet! Her collection is amazing.

4 comments:

  1. Junk stores are the best! They seem to be disappearing from around my area though. It gets harder and harder to find good junk!

    I love that photo. I'm off now to visit that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for introducing me to the Graphics Fairy! What wonderful images and a few are exactly what I have been looking for. Hope to see you at Joy's or Diane's Saturday - Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there and it was so good to see you today. Its so fun to put a 'real' person's face with their blog !! I could have bought way more today, but I was trying to behave!!!
    Have a great weekend,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Sheila,
    A thousand thank you's to you!!! I so appreciate all your help today. It was fun to get to have a whole day with you!! I took a little nap and now I am ready for some blogging!
    Love you!
    JOY!

    ReplyDelete

My 2 cents worth: